Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A New Adventure

A New Adventure

 
While researching about barnacles I somehow happened upon the volunteer page on the Sea Coast Science Center web site. Needing a new adventure I sent in the form, interviewed last week and start training next week. The learning starts at the touch tank, which is the equivalent of a tidal pool and I could not be more excited.
 
You may think that this is a selfless thing to do but I assure you that it is Shellfish (excuse the pun)  for five reasons:
  1. I need a reason to venture out into the world.  As I have mentioned before I am a bit of a hermit.
  2. Interacting with small children is market research for a picture book creator and a ton of fun.
  3. I will be learning about teaching small children.
  4. Meet new people.
  5. Working towards my mission: Spread Joy by sharing my talent and ability.


No comments:

Post a Comment