Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Creative Constipation


When my muse stop singing to me, like they seem to have done this morning, I am left with a nervous energy and lack of focus that can lead to what I call “Creative Constipation”, which can drive me crazy.  A million ideas are there whirling in fragments but nothing that feel inspired.  Start, Stop, Undo, Redo, Blahhhhhhhh……

Through the years of battling the white page, I have found the best way to move forward is not always the same.  Sometimes it is a matter of just sitting down to a doodle or journaling to get my mojo back and other times I have to change up gears by doing mundane tasks that let my mind wonder while I keep focused on the physical world. But the most important habit I have formed is to try to work on my craft every day, even when uninspired.

Since writing  two paragraphs took nearly two hours, I am off to do some laundry and house cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment